Monday 22 April 2013

Saltaire Mill Bookshop

I went to saltaire mill and in there bookshop I found a lot of interesting books which kind of made me realise where my interests and practice lie. For one it showed that I love books and love looking at them, how there laid out, the stock used, different finishes etc. but also what design caught my eye as well as what disciplines.

  

I've always been interested in advertising however i'm not entirely sure it is something I would want to go into, especially immediately. Although this adverts really catch my eye and think this is due the conceptual side to them as some of them are just so clever or inventive. This one shown above that I snapped from a book based on advertising that cares shows how the format of different advertising space can be used to convey the concept. This shows how even though it's not happening here in this country, it is in another and is very thought provoking in it's use of imagery by placing it in the environment we see. 

  

I love vintage sign typography and although it is something I don't have skills in it's a personal atheistic I do enjoy.

   

Stationary, gifting and papercraft is a big love of mine which I have always enjoyed and been interested in. This is something I would love to do as part of my practice however more applied to other things rather than a complete focus on it. For example using paper craft in packaging or creating a branding and identity for a range maybe. Either that or just doing it as a personal piece of practice which I enjoy in my own time.



I found this magazine for the 'creative and curious' and was really intrigued especially this one was based on stitching. I looked it up online and it had raving reviews but was very expensive which was unfortunate.

"UPPERCASE publishes books and magazines for the creative and curious: products that spark the imagination and inspire creativity. Our eponymous magazine, now in its fourth year, is loved by readers around the world and has been recognized for its design excellence. Our books profile up-and-coming artists or explore emerging trends in design and creativity."

No comments:

Post a Comment