Tuesday 13 May 2014

Self Branding: ReWork

I decided to alter my business cards as I felt the original flip layout of the details was confusing and it didn't make the branding clear. I wanted to keep to the original colour scheme and stock but just alter the design and layout.


After a few trails I chose a different typeface and separated my details with them all facing one direction. I also looked back at my original rework from the beginning of the year. I wanted to include more the colour scheme I had chosen and in particular this duck egg blue colour. This led me to create a strip across the bottom. This added a bit more decoration without over compensating and making the branding look busy.


The card alone. I'll have to  see how this additional colour prints on the pulp stock I have. I may have to  add it in an alternative way.


I then applied this new atheistic and layout style to a letterhead creating a unity between the different pieces through the strip.


I took some information from my CV from last year and altered it so it was more appropriate to my practice now. I also added extras from the detail from my website making it more personal. I wanted to keep the layout simple and structured. The last one was to busy and bright and this new branding style was the opposite of that and a lot calmer. I wanted to reflect this in the CV and use less visuals but appear more professional.




No comments:

Post a Comment