Friday 22 November 2013

Self-Branding: Business Card Development


I took the same idea for my business cards last year and changed the colour scheme to my new palette. I wanted to emboss the logo on the other side due to the stock being a really nice texture and appearance. I wasn't sure how to do this as it wasn't majorly successful or consistent last year.

I went down to Vernon to speak to the tech team so I could do it properly. He suggested laser cutting it instead of copper plating due the fact I wanted the emboss to dent into the stock and not raise above it.

I therefore asked him how would be best to laser cut the sheet. He said a multiple of a few would be best on one spread to stop me from having to do each one individually. Then he told me I would have to raster away the space that wasn't the symbol so that the symbol would stay raised on the wood. He also said that if I didn't want and edge then I needed to create the raster space bigger than the card size.

Material wise he said no thicker than 3mm mdf and to raster 1mm into the wood.

Printed cards on my stock:


No comments:

Post a Comment