Tuesday 12 November 2013

TBM: Brief

Delivered by Martin


  • used across everything
    • events eg. sports
    • pop culture
    • military
    • merchandise
  • who will it effect?
    • massive impact on patriotism
    • politics
    • other flags
  • evolution or revolution
    • evolve it forward
    • revolutionise - everyone has to buy into it
  • Evolve
    • not dramatic
    • not changed its service
    • just more current
  • Revolutionise
    • years of changing
    • different agenda
    • change its purpose
  • don't get to bogged down in research
  • brand equity
    • reputation
    • thoughts of brand due to current affairs and market place
  • hows uk seen outside to others
  • consider - wales - never been included
  • audience
  • minimum - digital print out
  • mid week crit 25th 
  • primary research

I really liked The Beautiful Meme when they came in and spoke about copywriting so I was excited to see what live brief they had for us. I thought that was a very real and potential brief they gave us looking at the positioning of England and predicting what could come. Therefore I thought it would make a good portfolio piece to show you were ahead and thinking of what design problems approach us. However I don't feel the brief sits well with me personally due to my personal position on the flag. I am quite patriotic because of my families involvement in the military and feel strongly about the flag being an important and very symbolic icon. I personally don't wish for it to change and hope it doesn't because I think it represents Britain and it's tradition and culture. Although this may not be the case and this brief only being for creative purposes anyway, I don't think it's something I want to participate in, this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment