Sunday 10 November 2013

Visual Inspiration

I really like this simple concept and how the fruit sticker has been used to pull it all together.

 A really nice and different way to fold an A4

 I've always really liked old style photographs/illustration of people but I like this modern layout which slices the images up.
 I like this use of opacity layers with the cut out section revealing the original photograph
 I love this ink print of wood grain. I hope to work with the furniture design course later in the year on branding so hopefully i'll be able to work with wood then.
 I think processes on white stock always look nice because it's the light that shows them not any use of ink.
 I've considered using watercolours for one of my projects and I saw these cards. It shows that different media doesn't haven't to be used in the way that it's usually perceived and it can be used graphically.
 I love this because it's simple and does exactly what it needs to do by stripping it down to the bare minimal.

 Lovely looking packaging
 I really want to work more with photography in my briefs because I always think it can be so powerful and dramatic.
 I like this bold use of colour and different technique of photocopying to create this gurney look.
 I've really wanted to try letterpress ever since I started uni so I think I might set about doing it as a personal project rather than waiting to apply it to a brief.

 I love this twist on layout of body copy making the article a lot more interesting and fun with such a simple element of visuals.


This book really impressed me with the use of stitch and thread. I've experimented with it before but it just shows how far you push techniques and ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment