Tuesday 8 April 2014

The Yearbook

I went through my best briefs looking for ones that showcased the talents I wanted to display such as concepts and branding. I looked at this years and last years as there where a few last year I really liked such as feel good and woodchuck. I decided against those though as feel good was more packaging which wasn't the area I wanted to go into anymore and woodchuck it was mainly only the logo I wanted to show.

This years briefs I looked at were Black Label, Gift, Posh Nosh, Femfresh and D&AD. These briefs I felt had a substantial amount of work to display or had some outcomes produced and photographed. I decided against Black Label as I felt the concept wasn't obvious from just the photographs although I had a few good images. D&AD I chose against also because it didn't work well in the framed layout. Femfresh I chose against as the colours conflicted with Posh Nosh which is what I defiantly wanted to include.

Therefore I went with Gift and Posh Nosh. These I felt show variety as collectively it showed concepts, branding and identity, packaging, product design, promotion and art direction. 
Using the form the boys gave us I filled out my information.

When deciding my projects I played around with a few of the layouts to see which worked best for what briefs and what looked best next to each other. I also experimented with what elements I was going to include from each brief. Due to the augmented aspect of the yearbook I thought that I could use snippets of images that could then link to the larger image.



I chose template 3 in the end and cropped images to show key aspects of the work I was including.

No comments:

Post a Comment