Tuesday 8 April 2014

Visiting Professional: Dalton Magg

Stuart Brown came and spoke to us from Dalton Magg and ran through the process of creating a font as well as some of the fonts they have created.

I have never been so overwhelmed by such an art form. I have a whole new appreciation for typefaces after finding out the extent and detail put into forming one. I always thought I wouldn't no where to even begin and there would be just so much to consider in creating one but to be shown and told really put it into perspective. 

I no for definite typography isn't a practice I want to go into myself but I now look at type in a whole different way and with a lot of respect. It's made me consider my decisions more and to try my hardest to use it properly so that it's kept beautiful instead of being haggard by bad kerning etc.



No comments:

Post a Comment