Tuesday 8 April 2014

Visiting Professional: Ditto Press

Ben Freeman spoke to us from Ditto. I met him at Leeds Print Festival and so was slightly familiar with there work after looking through there stall.



He went through his early beginnings of working in numerous jobs and then going to college and uni and doing a masters. It was evident his experiences from a young age are what had influenced him and his practice.

I really liked his focus and determination to do things such as his friends doing a travelling gallery in a converted caravan which they then got work from. Things like this I think people are often scared to even think of now because it seems so out of reach however back then they just did it and it worked. I think, to me, it made it clear that things are possible if your willing.

I also found his year research into the war deaths really interesting and how it went and collected all these resources and information and then put it into something practical as a publication. This encouraged my view on the COP research book that we are expected to produce. His view on research and enthusiasm made me feel like I could do something interesting and exciting with my research rather than something boring and expected.


No comments:

Post a Comment