Monday 14 October 2013

Beautifulmeme - Copywritng

Advertising and design agency
- setting up fashion label as well
- design museum - event
- working on a hotel brand
- shard - pitching

gives it a personality - not just describing tea


english national ballet

"we have something to say"
anything after the quotes is them saying something
also look like ballet shoes on point

  1. brands are ideas, ideas need words
  2. you need words to sell stuff
  3. copy and design challenge each other
  4. people like well written copy
  5. words make your brand human

  1. hierarchy is everything - order in which meant to be read
  2. your job is to challenge every word - challenge every word (cut it down)
  3. discuss and articulate positioning before you do anything
  4. good designers can spell great designers can write (means your thinking clearly)
  5.  be generous (understand your a partnership)

I found this talk very inspiring and I absolutely loved what they did for the tea and the ballet. The ideas just really made sense and where thought about in the right way which showed through the final execution. There way of working really clicked with me which is something i've struggled to see looking at other studios. They don't narrow themselves down to specific areas and they experiment outside of doing work with there own little projects. This way of working and atmosphere is what I aspire to work around as I don't want to cut myself down to just one area, I like to drop in and out of different sectors or projects or areas of design. I don't just want to do packaging, or branding or advertising, I want to experiment and do it all at different points where appropriate. Also using personal interests and aspirations to fund different projects within the studio that isn't just a brief from a client really touched home with me. I'm not just interested in design and i'd love for my interests to become working hobbies or projects as they'd help inspire in my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment