Wednesday 28 November 2012

Brand Britain: Making Contact

I got a connection to a person at BrandBritain and asked for advice on how to approach them about a visit, this was John's advice:

 Hi Imogen

Hope you don't mind, I have edited your email below,
be careful not to refer to yourself as (i) in lowercase.
See what you think. I am in on Tuesday with your group.

 Best as ever
 John

 Hi there (Name),

 I'm Imogen, I got your email  contact through Anne Szpindor who referred me to you and your business for some advice. I'm currently studying Graphic Design at Leeds College of Art and I'm part way through my second year.
 My main interest within Graphic Design is 'Brand and Identity' and I'm really enthusiastic to see a live working business environment, So I can get a far more clearer understanding of a functioning studio, therefore if it is possible I would really appreciate if you could let me come in at a time convenient to yourself and chat. And if possible see the business in action.
 I do know you are extremely busy, but would really appreciate a visit.

Please let me know when would be most convenient.

Regards,
Imogen-Mary Hoefkens (Brand Britain fan)


After trying to email this it didn't work so I phoned instead and spoke to the guy (Russ). He said for me to come in when I break up for christmas and do a weeks work experience which I wasn't expecting at all. 

Turns out the reason it didn't send was because I didn't spell Britain right but I won't tell him that when I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment