Friday 24 May 2013

Self Branding - Developing Decisions

I wanted to express the flipping of branding and this made me think of the symbols on postage that tell which way up the package should be kept.
Therefore I looked into packaging visuals and imagery where I was inspired. The symbols could be translated into expressions of me. Such as the umbrella being from Britian, the wine - a bit obvious but true, the recycle arrows being about design process and thinking etc. 






 I really love parcel paper and string with the deep red so this is something that could work in sending promo packs to studios.


I decided to go with the deep red as it expresses the traditional and heritage side of me as well as translates the atheistic across. I applied this to the exclamation mark however this just screamed warning and completely sent the wrong message. 



I was pleased with the exclamation mark, finally, I decided to take the colour away from it and have it as a die cut shape. This then makes it adaptable and allows for colour to be applied behind it and make the edging of the business card. This makes it subtle, bright, bold and different which is what I was discovering is what I wanted with this idea.



 On the reverse side my initials will be embossed so no colour needs to be applied and it is subtly added to the design without overpowering it. The text that reads in two ways as well as together is then applied on the opposite end. The conversation half is in the direction of the 'hi' and my details is in the direction of my initials.

No comments:

Post a Comment