Wednesday 29 May 2013

Study Task 8 - What is a creative cv?

What is a Creative CV?

A creative way of displaying your information, skills and employment history in an appropriate format to that of your audience.


Who are you writing it for?


Potential employers

Who needs to read it?

Design directors

Who will actually read it?

Possibly no one

What do they need to know?

Who I am, what I do, what I can do for them, how they can contact me

What do they want to know?


What I can do for them


Landor





A very large company with studios all over the world.
Creative branding - Multidisplinary - work in all different sectors of the industry

JKR


Services:

Design to shelf / 3D / Strategic Thought / Strategic Deployment

Commercial - Food packaging

Elmwood


Leeds located as well as across the globe
Brand strategy / language 
Corporate & packaging design
Digital

ThinkingJuice




Idea based company 
Range of clients

Section D




Multi disciplinary - branding and retail

Pearlfisher





Have ethics
Don't work for free
Independent

Design Bridge





don't contact now - contact when graduated

Checkland Kindleysides




Anagrama


The Chase



My Creative CV

I wanted a cv that was still easy to read, source the information they wanted to find out quickly but creative and to my personal branding. I found that a lot of the creative cvs were over worked and very busy and the eye couldn't focus. With this layout I think the information is separated effectively theres enough white space to make it easy to focus on a section but not so much that it looks empty.


I originally had the logo cut out in the top left corner but then I decided to have the edge cut out on the paper version so that if folded and mailed out the edge would overlay on white space. With the back being a solid colour from my branding palette this would create a fill for the die cut edge.


No comments:

Post a Comment