Thursday 30 May 2013

Self-Branding: Printed Products

I cut out on mount board what I was going to emboss using the laser machine. I used the big roller to emboss which I had never done before. To stop the laser cuttings marking the paper I used tissue paper as it's thin enough for it to still emboss through.



My practice attempts: 

It was hard to make the letters stay in the right position so the kerning was right so I tried the card cut out which meant it was in the right place. This was perfect for the business card embossing.



It also took some attempts getting the positioning right on the actual page. The surface that lay flat on the cuttings embossed better then the relief side.



I also realised that it didn't reverse how I wanted on both sides so the idea had worked out as planned however I feel that if the hi is just embossed on the personalised message side then it'll work as it say hi underneath the other message but if I was to use a thicker stock then which didn't show on both sides it also could work.



 I also did it a lot lighter which pressed it on the one side but this wasn't very clear on this paper.



I did a mix of business cards to experiment to emboss different things:




I really liked the hi in the colour card although I realised that I had placed it wrong so embossed backwards



I also really liked the colour through the laser cut logo - it really stood and brought my logo to life



I also liked that the colour was in the thickness of the card to



It took a bit of experimentation in lining up the cut out with the printed sheets but I got there in the end and I think the edging really helped bring the shape of the exclamation mark out.





When lay flat it was really effective
Close up of the reverse side:


 Letterhead:


I was more pleased with the cut edge on the proper stock rather than the mock up.



It took a long time and practice to line up cutting these cards out which had been preprinted. They now work both ways with the icons and statements.



 Just the cards in context of someone looking at the creative cv

I cut out my net which worked first time!
It showed how far i've come with packaging but unfortunately the laser machine really burnt the edges and the spray mount I used was incredibly messy. However this mock up shows how it works and would hold the cards in my promo pack.





Promo pack stickers:

 (the yellow one disappeared)



These would be stickers on my promo pack to make the card box or envelopes really stand out in the post using my bright branding colours.


No comments:

Post a Comment