Friday 24 May 2013

Self - Branding Ideas

I created a brainstorm of me which I gradually added to through the year when things I recognised as part of me cropped up.


I also had the odd brainwave when it came to my name as there was a few qualities about it such as the hyphen and the initials that could develop into ideas.

  • I-M - 'I'm' could be adapted to lots of little messages
  • I.H - initials say hi backwards
  • dot to dot - freckles
  • i - upside down is an '!'
  • H - one step ladder



From these rough ideas I tried to expand upon them to see how they could work visually and be understood, communicating what I wanted


In easter I tried to think through how promo could work and how it could be engaging and different

  • Postcard - 'nose ya busy but give us a ring' - based on my nose ring 
I thought of putting a little bag together of me with bits and bobs that represent me and what I have to offer as I keep lots of little things. Things such as tea - teabag, time - a clock face, passion - sparkle, ideas - a straw - creative juice.

I felt this could be reined in with more of link throughout so I thought of this idea instead.

Idea 1 - Bag of Me

(get a sense of me - use the senses as way to pick objects that express me)
taste - tea bag
sound - CD songs such as jungle book - be like you and rusted roots - send me on my way
sight - samples of work
touch - 'get in touch' - business card - Michael angelo creation of adam hands
smell - mint - fresh ideas / make the minted / mint condition



Idea 2 - Exclamation Point 

I looked up what it meant and was interested to find out it was from the latin joy and found it humorous that it stood for dogs cock in printers slang.


I thought of doing a bag of joy instead of me and involving things like popping candy and bubble wrap.
I feel that the exclamation mark is a simple symbol that can work at small scale and across colour and b&w. Also the latin 'io' can be flipped to say oi so I worked with some typography.


The exclamation also lead me to the idea of 'see me!' like the comment tutors leave at the bottom of work. I did really like this idea as I felt it could be used across the range of formats.





No comments:

Post a Comment